Minecraft Writing Prompts
When students can make connections between the things they are passionate about and skills they need to gain, learning happens! Today, so many kids of all ages are passionately interested in Minecraft, and with good reason. For as long as children have been children, they have been drawn to create. The Minecraft environment is a blank canvas of inspiration for kids and teens.
When users are mining for the tools they need to craft their imaginative scenes and worlds they are mining more than just digital blocks. They are also digging deep into their own creativity. That’s why Minecraft is the perfect writing prompt subject. To get your student builder excited about the next writing task, incorporate one or more of these Minecraft writing prompts into your school day.
More Minecraft writing prompt ideas:
- When you create a new world in Minecraft, what’s the first thing you do? Explain how your first day goes.
- Do you use Redstone? If so, what functions does it have in game and why would those functions be important?
- How do YOU play Minecraft? Do you prefer Creative Mode or would you rather play in Survival Mode? Write 3 sentences explaining your preference.
- What mob (zombies, creepers, etc.) do you think is the most dangerous? Explain why.
- What is your favorite thing to build in game? Write a paragraph detailing WHY it’s your favorite.
- Describe the tool you use most often, and list why you use that more than anything else.
- Talk about your favorite biome (landscape – i.e., forest, mountains, etc.). Give 5 reasons, in complete sentences, as to why you like it the best.
Time4Writing Builds Fundamental Skills
At Time4Writing, we focus on teaching the fundamental skills required for good writing. Each student is paired with a certified teacher for one-on-one instruction. Our teachers draw from their classroom experience to help their students with all the nuts and bolts of building good essays, beginning with understanding the writing prompt. There is a free flow of conversation between students and the teacher, helping students thrive with individualized attention to their writing. Writing becomes something they enjoy, instead of a chore. Learn more about how Time4Writing’s certified teacher-led program works for homeschool, afterschool practice, or summer skill-building.
Q: Our state requires a writing test as part of third grade evaluations. […]
Did you know that more than a third of babies’ first words are […]
The 15th president of the United States, James Buchanan, is notable for all […]